Leaders seek out change opportunities regularly. Innovation, critical thinking, and decision making are key to making an impact on an organization. This assignment is designed to help you look at aspects of your own clinical practice and become a change agent in your organization. Use your current or past experience to identify a change project to implement.
Step 1: Select a topic [Process, policy, procedure, disaster management [Pandemic/Epidemic], and such, for a propossed change project.
· Review the following resources for potential change topic or process ideas. On your paper, you can opt to propose implementation of on of these:
· Institute for Healthcare Improvement: Transforming Care at the Bedside
· Institute for Healthcare Improvement: Hospital Inpatient Waste Identification Tool
· For process change resources: TeamSTEPPS® Pocket Guide
Step 2: Identify the context for your change (Where will the change prioject occur? Who will it impact?).
· Describe the setting where the change will take place. For example, clinical, insurance, home health, or public and community.
· Explain who is affected: patients, nurses, leadership, and other stakeholders in the organization. Step 3: Review the literature to find possible solutions and evidence to address your topic (Support your actions with evidence).
· Research sources that guide evidence-based practice to improve outcomes related to your selected topic.
· Find a minimum of three peer-reviewed articles directly related to addressing your change topic.
Step 4: Create a draft implementation plan [Action plan described within your paper or presentation].
· Summarize each article to explain how the evidence you gathered will help address your change topic.
· Explain how you could use the information in the research to carry out the change in your identified setting.
Format Option An 700- to 1,050-word APA formatted paper [Use Propossal Outline]. Read, study, use APA sample paper as a guide to format your work. Include an APA-formatted reference page